The system of rubber and soft-plastic slats lining the edges of your vehicle's windows and doors is called weather stripping. It's held in place by screws and adhesive, and its job is to keep moisture, dirt, and wind out of the cabin. It can even enable car doors to close more quietly.
Unfortunately, a weather strip can wear out. At that point, it should be replaced. Luckily, there are signs to tell you it's time to change it. They include:
- The sound of air moving quickly through the doors or windows
- Water stains, even if on your floor mats, indicating possible seepage
- Wet strip channels
- Worn or brittle spots and/or cracks on the strip
If you need to install new weather stripping, it's easy. Most of the time, you can just remove screws, pull the strip away, remove the adhesive in the channel, dry the area, reapply new adhesive, and then press fresh weather strips gently into the channel. Align them properly and hold them on for a little while. Lastly, change any screws with issues, and the job is done. Just be sure the stripping you use is the same type and length as before.
Protect the Interior of the Car or SUV You Love | Install Genuine Acura Weather Stripping
Your best bet for replacement project is what your OEM makes. After all, it's designed to fit your Acura model from the start, not to mention restore it to its original look. You can buy what you need online here at our auto parts store. Order today and we'll ship ASAP, with fast delivery right to your door.
No results found for "weather stripping". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!