The car or SUV you love should start and run dependably, like the day you drove it off the lot. Acura manufactures ignition systems to help make sure it can.
How ignitions work is straightforward. Turn the key in its ignition lock cylinder, an ignition switch activates, and your vehicle gets going. Under the hood, a starter motor, starter solenoid, an ignition coil, and the car battery get to work, sparking an electrical charge that gets sent to the engine cylinder head. That's where the spark plugs are. Their leads conduct electricity: they use the charge to ignite the engine's mix of fuel and air, which combusts and releases the power the engine runs on.
If your Acura model is having problems starting, however, it can mean a bad ignition. To figure out what's happening, run a thorough inspection: if you've got a code reader, plug it in. Also, look for the telltale signs of an ignition going out. They include:
- Flickering lights and displays on the dashboard
- A lock cylinder that won't turn
- Being unable to start at all
Repair Your OEM Ignition the Right Way -- with Genuine Acura Parts
If you're looking for a replacement ignition, you've come to the right auto parts counter. You can order one online, made by Acura for your model specifically, and you can do it right here. Buy now -- we offer fast shipping right to your door, so you can get the job done in no time.
No results found for ignition, spark plug, solenoid, starter. Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!